- If you intend to submit an abstract, register as soon as possible at OpenReview. Depending on the domain of your email address, the completion of your registration can take up to 2 weeks. Institutional email addresses are preferred. See Call for more information.
- 6 Feb, 2024 The abstract submission system has been launched. See Call.
- The conference fee has not yet been determined. Important aspects of the conference budget are yet to be settled. We ask participants for patience.
The Biennial of Czech Linguistics
In September 2024, the first edition of a new conference will take place at the Faculty of Arts, Charles University – The Biennial of Czech Linguistics – held under the auspices of Jazykovědné sdružení České republiky. The Biennial provides a platform for the meeting of the Czech linguistic community (and beyond) in its whole breadth – across linguistic subdisciplines, philologies, as well as theoretical and methodological paradigms. The core of the Biennial will be constituted by thematic workshops organized by linguists affiliated with Czech academic or scientific institutions. We also plan to include plenary lectures, a poster session and a discussion panel open to media and the public. The concept builds on the model applied at the European level (the conference of Societas Linguistica Europaea) or in Germany (the conference of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Sprachwissenschaft).
21 workshop panels were accepted for Biennial. Contributions to workshops and the general poster session will be selected based on submitted abstracts, which will go through a standard review process. For more information please visit section Call.
We are pleased to announce the following invited plenary speakers:
- Olivier Bonami (Université Paris Cité)
- Pavel Kosek (Masaryk University)
- Barbara Mertins (TU Dortmund University)
- Multilingualism in the Czech context (popularization panel)
- Searching the InterCorp parallel corpus using the Universal Dependencies annotation (workshop)